That night I have prepared Tempura shrimp for dinner. It was also a kitchen experiment but I chose not to post about it coz I wasn’t able to take pictures of the output. Besides, it was a bit of a disaster for me. I should have opted for buttered shrimps instead.
I have sworn to myself that next time, I should be more prepared with the recipe on my mind.
So yesterday, I was trying to remember that grilled stuffed squid we ate in a company party in Mimosa. All I could remember is that there is bell pepper and cheese in the stuffing. I’ve asked a former colleague about the recipe but she did not reply. Then I searched the recipe online but I can’t find the same stuffing that I like.
In the end, I just decided to stick with what I can remember.
2. In a big bowl, marinate the squid in soy sauce and lemon/calamansi juice for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Mince the tomatoes, bell peppers and onions. Put them on a separate bowl and mix. Put salt and pepper.
4. Get one marinated squid and start putting the mixture inside. In my case, cheese first, then veggies, then cheese, then veggies. So as to spread the cheesiness while grilling.
7. Then grill it on a live coal (or a stove, just like me!) for 4-5 minutes on each side. Don’t overcook so the squid won’t have the rubberized feel.
8. For the sauce, put in a small bowl the soy sauce, lemon/calamansi juice and chillies.
Cooked already, this is how it looked like when I opened the foil.
Serve it hot and creamy with this!